We now have the opportunity to travel back in time.
On Friday 20th October, year 4 will take part in Anglo Saxon day.
We are going to complete a range of activities that the Anglo Saxons would have to do in their daily lives, such as cooking, cultivating, weaving and reenacting the invasion of Britain.
We would like to make this day more exciting by requesting that ALL children come dressed up as Anglo Saxons.
So, what should you wear?
- Anglo Saxon costume (Pictures can be found below)
- Dark trousers/ leggings (NO jeans!)
- Plain coloured top e.g. brown, cream, grey, black, navy. This might even be something that you can borrow from your parents!
- Girls may choose to bring a shawl in one of the colours below– this is your own choice though!
- Rope belt to tie around their waist
A costume brought is not essential and the year 4 team are encouraging children to make their own costumes!
Any questions please ask your class teacher.