Technology and the Internet can be fantastic – they can help our children to learn, to create amazing things, to communicate and to entertain themselves and each other. Our children are surrounded by this technology – it is part and parcel of their daily lives.
Using technology and the Internet well is about using it safely and responsibly. Things can go wrong by accident or if behaviour isn’t sensible or respectful. Our job is not to stop our young people from using technology but to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to successfully navigate themselves through the online world, so they become good digital citizens.
Report an Issue
- Controls on Shared Devices -
- Keep your devices safe - Over the holidays, many children will get new devices or spend lots of hours on devices that have access to the internet. Because of this, it is a good time of year to check the settings so that you are protected. Use the link below to learn more: Controls
- Online Games Advice from the NSPCC - Gaming can be a great way for young people to relax, socialise with their friends and have fun. Children can play on games consoles, apps or websites, and chat to other players or watch them play through live-streaming. But there are some dangers. And with so many games available online, it can be hard for parents […]
- Parental Guidance for Fortnite - Fortnight is an online game, which includes Battle Royale, where players do not have to pay to play. In Battle Royale, 100 players compete against each other to be the last person standing in player vs player (PVP) combat. Users play against people of different ages from across the world, and can talk and interact […]
- Smartphone Advice - Click here for some top parental tips!
- Understanding Trolling -