We have been studying evolution today and the father of the theory of evolution: Charles Darwin. Now we would like you to find out some key information about his life and his work.
TASK: Produce a fact file about the life of Charles Darwin. You must post this as a comment on the blog. You can use bullet points for some short key facts but you MUST include at least one paragraph, with full sentences, describing a part of his life or work.
- Why and how did he come to studying biology?
- What islands did he visit? How did this help him write his book?
- What was his book called? When was it published? How long did it take him to write it?
- Can you summarise his theory of natural selection?
- What problems occurred because of his work? Who liked it? Who didn't? Why did they disagree?
- What was his family like?
You can use the following websites to help you complete your work: