In Science this half term we are learning about ‘Materials’. We have been identifying the properties of different materials and investigating their uses.
Today we were Science Investigators and we investigated ‘How stretchy socks are’.
We know that socks are made from fabric and that fabric can be elastic and flexible. This means that fabric can stretch and you can bend it.
We made looked at the different socks and made a prediction as to which sock we thought would stretch the most.
- What happened to the socks?
- Did the socks go back to the starting size?
- What happened to the material?
- Can you describe the properties of the material?
- Which sock stretched the most?
- Which was the most flexible?
Can you find anything at home that is flexible and that is elastic? Draw a picture and bring it into school.