Alex. T. Smith is the author who write the story ‘Bella and Monty: A hairy scary night’. Let’s learn more about him and his life as an author.
All about Alex.T.Smith
When Alex T. Smith was a little boy, he wanted to be a chef, a rabbit or a children’s book illustrator. Now, at the age of 28, he has won awards for both his art and his stories. The first book he illustrated was called, Eliot Jones, Midnight Superhero and the first book he wrote AND illustrated was called, Home.
Whilst studying illustration at Coventry University, Alex won second prize in the Macmillan Prize for Children’s Picture Book Illustration in 2006 and was highly commended for the same award in 2005.
Alex lives in York and enjoys walking his three dogs and making cakes.
Here are some things that Alex likes to do in his spare time:
- Watching films, especially French cinema and animated films
- Cooking. He makes a mean apple pie!
- Making small, hand-sewn felt toys
- Looking after his pets and planning what other pets he will have when he has a bigger house!
- Learning French
- Looking in antique shops, vintage clothes shops and flea markets for treasures!
- Keeping travel sketchbooks
- Walking in the woods
- Going to the theatre
- Drinking redbush tea
He also likes people-watching, looking out of the window, doodling whilst on the phone, talking and taking his dogs for a walk in the park and having a go on the swings if no one is looking.
Answer these questions:
- When he was a child, what did Alex want to be?
- What was his first picture book called?
- What would you like to ask Alex T. Smith?
- What did Alex study at university and where?
- What does Alex like to do in his spare time? Name 3 things.
- Does Alex have any pets? What are they?