Hello 5 Blue,
This week, in Maths we have been consolidating our learning on multiplication and division methods and we ended this unit by looking at multi-step word problems. I know some children may have found this as a challenge but let’s see if you can answer these questions independently on the blog to show your understanding:-
1. A teacher has 14 packs of colouring pencils, each with 9 pencils, and 16 packs of writing pencils each with 6 pencils. How many pencils are there altogether?
2. A child has 2 complete albums of football stickers. The first has 28 pages with 6 stickers on each page, and the second has 36 pages with 8 stickers on each page. How many stickers are there in both albums?
3. Sarah has to share the marbles she bought on the weekend with her 2 sisters and herself. On Saturday, she bought 15 marbles and on Sunday, she bought 30 marbles. How many marbles do they get each?
1. A printer prints birthday cards on sheets. The printer needs to print the following:-
– 28 sheets of 16 cards
– 18 sheets of 8 cards
How many cards are printed?
2. A local children’s group has 3 fundraising events. The events raise £176, £81 and £309 each. After a cost of £92 is deducted, the money is shared equally among the 3 local children’s group. How much does each group receive?
3. At a dancing school, there are 2 classes. Class one has 65 pupils and class 2 has 41 pupils. For a dance, there will be 8 equal groups of dancers. How many dancers will there be in each group?
1. Year 3, are going on two school trips this week. There are 126 children in total. Each child needs to bring £12 for the first trip and £32 for the second trip. How much money will Year 3 need to collect in total?
2. Mark wants to go with his six friends go karting for his birthday. It costs £231 for them for the go karting and £84 for the food and hire of the kit. How much do each of them pay in total?
3. Liverpool has had 8268 fans watching the matches in the last 12 years and Manchester has had 7704 fans watching the matches in the last 12 years. How many fans have they had each year?