Today in 6 White, we were learning all about the heart. As part of this, we went to the science pod to dissect a heart and look at the different parts and their purpose.
Back in the classroom, we labelled diagrams and discussed how blood is pumped around the body and gets replenished with oxygen by the lungs.
Can you answer the following questions, 6 White?
- Why did one side of the heart need more muscle?
- What was the middle part of the heart called? What did it do?
- What was your favourite part of dissecting the heart? Anything you didn’t enjoy?
- What are the four chambers called?
- Which side of the heart carries de-oxygenated blood? Which side carries oxygenated blood?
- Why does the diagram appear to be backwards?
- Describe the process of blood being pumped through the heart – use the proper terminology. Start from the Superior Vena Cava.