What is an animal?
It is a living organism which feeds on organic matter, typically having specialised sense organs and nervous system and the ability to respond rapidly to stimuli.
Now find some books about animals from or amazing library and see if you can answer some of the following questions.
In order for us to understand how all animals are related, they are arranged into different groups. First they are split into vertebrates and invertebrates, and then mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, crustaceans, insects, etc…
1. What can you find out about these groups?
2. Can you write an A-Z list of animals?
3. What can you find out about your favourite animal? Think it’s habitat, diet, and if there are different types.
4. What is the largest type of ‘big cat’ in the world? Can you write a description of it?
5. What is a habitat? Research any animal and it’s habitat, explain why and how the animal lives there.
6. Can you write a detailed description about your favourite animal using interesting adjectives?