3 Red have had an exciting week looking at the painting called ‘The Waterlily Pond’ by the impressionist Claude Monet. We discovered how Monet used a particular painting technique to show the effect of light on objects, and even had a go at painting in the same style. We found out by using our research skills where Monet found the inspiration for his paintings, planned and created our own paradise gardens and built 3D waterlily ponds!
Have a look at this painting by Claude Monet called ‘Poppy Fields’.
Now answer these questions:
- Where do you think this picture was painted?
- How can you tell that it was painted a long time ago?
- Does Monet use warm or cool colours in the picture?
- Where do you think the people are going?
- How is the style of painting similar/different to ‘The Waterlily Pond’?
We look forward to reading your answers!