|Communicaton and Language||PSED||SMSC||Physical Development||Literacy||Mathematics||The World||EUMM||WOW
|Reading & Writing||Number||SSM|
|Autumn 1||All about me and My World||Following Instructions
I am a good listener.
Trying new activities.
|New Beginnings||Which times are special and why?||• Developing control and coordination of movement.
• Handling equipment and tools, including for writing.
• Learning about healthy diet.
• Managing own hygiene.
|• Hears and says initial sounds in words.
• Links sounds to letters.
Names and sounds the letters of the alphabet.
• Writes own name.
Writes names and captions.
|• Matches quantity to numeral (1-10).
• Selects the correct numerals to represent 1-20 and order.
• To count objects to 20 and beyond.
|• Making & describing patterns.
• Use mathematical language to describe shapes and objects.
|• Who I do I look like?
• What are my likes and dislikes?
• All about my family.
• To talk about events in their own lives and that of their family.
|• Self Portraits
• Joining and Sticking
|Autumn 2||Fantastic Lights||Getting On||Celebrations:
|• Pattern making
• Seasonal Art
• Christmas Nativity
|Visit the Enchanting World of Santa
Reception Wellbeing Day.
|Spring 1||Our favourite Stories||• I can listen to stories and respond.
• Expressing ideas through talk.
• To answer how and why questions.
|Citizenship||Which people are special and why?||•Developing control and coordination of movement. • Handling equipment and tools.
• Learning about healthy diet and exercise.
• Managing own hygiene and personal needs.
• I can get dressed all by myself.
|• To segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together.
• To use phonics knowledge to decode words and read them aloud accurately.
• To write a short sentence like structure.
|• To use quantities and objects to add and subtract.
• To find the total of two sets.
• To add and subtract two single digit numbers.
• To count on and back..
• To order objects according to size.
|• Stories from a different country.
• What is a forest?
• Animals and where they live.
|• Story-telling through role play.
• Dancing and moving rhythmically.
Using musical instruments to represent animals.
|Visit the school & local library.|
|Spring 2||People Who Help us?||Choices||Roles in the community:
• Fire Service
• Paramedics & Doctors
• Police Service
|Joining and constructing||Visits from:
Paramedics and Nurses.
|Summer 1||Mini-Beasts and Growing||• Expression of ideas, including real-life and fictional ideas.
• Using past, present forms of language.
|Communities||Where do we belong?||•Maintaining control and coordination of movement.
• Handling a range of equipment and tools effectively.• To do up zips and buttons.
|• To read and understand simple sentences.
• To read common irregular words.
• To demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they have read.
• To write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others.
|• To double, halve and share.
• To solve addition problems.
• To add and subtract single digit numbers.
|To use everyday language to talk about size and time.||•Mini-beasts in our current environment and around the world.
• Talk about changes.
|I can design, make and test models.||Visit to the Butterfly Farm.|
|Summer 2||Journeys||Changes||• Different forms of transport.
• Take a journey to Egypt.
|Visit Ash End Farm
Lets visit Year 1.