Good morning year 5. Today you have reading comprehension on purple mash and Handwriting at the bottom of the page.
You must complete the purple mash questions AND the questions below in your blog comment.
Task: read the chapter on purple mash. Then, answer the multiple choice questions. After that, answer the questions below for your book in your blog comment.
Questions for ‘The life of Sigmudn Cliffer’
- Why did Sigi’s brother have no interest in going to church?
- In which town did Sigi go to Jewish school?
- What was the name of Mrs Shuck’s son?
- What does the word ‘procrastinate’ mean?
- What were the poor children given on Chanukah?
Questions for ‘James King of England’
- How many phrases had James written for the royal competition?
- Why had Tabatha been boasting at school?
- Why did Tabatha believe that she was more suited to life in Buckingham
Palace than James?
- Why did James want to sneak into Tabatha’s bedroom?
- Biter is a friendly dog.
Find and copy three words or phrases to prove that the above statement is
Questions for ‘Ostritch and the really long neck:
- Find out three facts about the crocodile. Maybe you could
find out where they live, what they eat and how long they
can live for?
Q2. What was the weather like?
Q3. What did Crocodile tell Baboon he was suffering from?
Q4. What was Baboon going to use to help Crocodile?
Task 2: Handwriting