The children in 3 White have learnt lots about the famous Parisian painter Georges Seurat this week. We have researched his life as an artist, discovered the methods and techniques such as Pointillism that made his artwork so unique, and even had a go at recreating some of his most famous pieces ourselves!
For your homework 3 White, I would like you to study ‘Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte’ and answer the questions below!
- How many types of animals can you see in this painting? Are his choices unusual?
- Which season do you think this shows? How do you know?
- How has Seurat created light and shadows in this picture?
- Using your inference skills, how do you think the people in the picture are feeling? What does their body language tell you?
- Seurat was a Parisian artist. Can you research which famous French river this could illustrate?