Hello Year 5, I hope you are all okay at home and safe! Here are the answers to all the maths work set from the 19th March. If you have another colour, then use that to mark and remember be honest with your answers and see where you can improve. The only person you are cheating is yourselves and it’s your learning that is important!
Arithmetic Test (The middle Column is the answers)
Thursday 19th March Fraction word problems:
- They ate 5/8 altogether
- 1/5 of pizza was left for Helen
- You gave away 5/6 of the box of cupcakes
- Noah used 7 cups (7/8)
- Anita ran 1/6 further.
- Percy spent 7/8 in total
- 13/8 or 1 whole and 5/8 as a mixed nunber
- 4 wholes and 1/10 – so 4 bottles given away
- 3/12 of the chocolate bar left. Simplify to 1/4
- 5/10 are not red or blue. Simplify to 1/2
- Olivia walked 3 wholes and 7/8 in total
- You would need to run 1 whole and 3/5 further to reach 5KM
- Layla walks 5/8 further than Peter
- 3/10 of the ground is left for everything else.
- A) 10/21 play both football and basketball. B) No, there are more people doing other things on the playground because the remaining fraction after adding both football and basketball is 11/21 and this is larger than 10/21.
Friday 20th March (Equivalent Fractions)
Sheet 2: There are multiple answers for this activity. Your answers will be correct as long as you have followed the rule: “Whatever you multiply the denominator by, you do the same to the numerator” – check your answers and if you do the inverse and simplify back to the original question, then your answer will be correct.