DO NOT USE!!! Children and Parents need to be aware of Momo. It is a game that dares people to do horrid and harmful things. It is also trying to steal your personal data!
Momo targets young children on social media.
The doll encourages them to add a contact on messaging service WhatsApp, then hounds them with violent images and dares.
Police said the danger lay with children feeling pressured to either follow the orders on any app by carrying out “challenges”, or because of peer pressure in chat rooms.
A spokesperson for the NSPCC in Northern Ireland said: “The constantly evolving digital world means a steady influx of new apps and games and can be hard for parents to keep track of.
“That’s why it’s important for parents to talk regularly with children about these apps and games and the potential risks they can be exposed to.
Among the most common signs to watch out for include children who:
- Become very secretive, especially about what they are doing online
- Are spending a lot of time on the internet and social media
- Are switching screens on their device when approached
- Are withdrawn or angry after using the internet or sending text messages
- Have lots of new phone numbers or email addresses on their devices