Good morning year 5, hope you are all well.
Today you have 3 tasks.
1) read the chapter on purple mash and complete the question and tasks on there.
2) Answer the questions for your book in your homework book.
1. Why couldn’t the head of the village give the bad news to Sigi’s family?
2. How did Sigi and his family travel to the ghetto?
3. What does the phrase ‘confined to the boundaries of the ghetto’ mean?
4. Why did everyone in the ghetto have to wear a yellow star?
5. Where did Sigi hide his money? What happened?
James Kind of England
1. What was the chauffeur wearing?
2. Why did Millwall think that James’s letter was for her dad?
3. Sir Cuthbert stared at the princess in shock and fury, as if she were a disgusting grub that had just crawled out of the ground. Why was Sir Cuthbert feeling so angry with the princess?
4. What did Millwall do that suggests the Kings get a lot of salespeople at their door?
5. What do you think happened to all the other competition entries?
Ostrich and the long neck
- How do you think the main character is feeling at the end of this chapter?
- Have you enjoyed the story so far? Explain why.