This week the children had their second Guiding Reading sessions. It was great to see the work completed and it demonstrated that you are understanding the story so far.
The following children: Aaminah, Nihit, Fatimah, Aisha, Safiyah, Surinder, Shahzad and Simin please can you read Chapters 4 and 5. Below are questions to Chapters 2 and 3. Please upload your answers to the Share point below. Please do not answer on the blog. Just leave a comment to say you have completed the work and sent it.
The London Eye Question
1. Why is Ted a unique and likeable character? Find evidence from the text to back up your answer.
2. The chapter starts with a flashback ( going back in time ). Explain it.
3. What is ‘Barrington Heights’? Remember this name as it is going to be important throughout the story.
4. Compare the two versions of the letter about their Aunt Gloria?
- What does A.W.O.L stand for? What does it refer to?
- What does the word Relativity mean? ( in your own words)
- Name 2 hurricanes?
Take a look at some of the drama the children did for Chapter 2 (Malkin is weak and can barely walk. He finds a small amount of food and eats it. He then tries to jump but falls and injures himself. Roux another female kitten is watching and takes him away to safety)
The following children: Yaw, Mohanned, Ayaan, Maryam, Kaila, Amanah, Lillie and Samik please read chapters 4 & 5. Below are the questions to Chapter 2 & 3. Please upload your answers to the Share point below. Please do not answer on the blog. Just leave a comment to say you have completed the work and sent it.
Malkin Moonlight Questions
- Why does Malkins eyes flick? Explain
- What does it mean by ‘ his heart pulling him towards it’?
- Who is Roux? Can you draw a picture of her and label her?
- What word or phrases describes Malkin is hurt?