Hi Year 6,
I am back…… So many of you have been asking about the challenges and would like me to continue blogging them. I am sorry I have been away; I had a few busy weekends. So lets not waste time and get down to some learning……
In Literacy we have read the story about Kesuke’s Kingdom.
- Who is the Peggy Sue?
- Michael disappeared in 1988, why did it take so long for him to tell the world about what happened?
- What did Michael think of as he was in the water? Why did he know there could be no hope?
- What did he hear in the forest? What bothered him most about the forest?
- What was the first thing he thought was needed to stay alive?
In Maths we have been learning about decimals, fractions and percentages.
1. In a survey one in five people said they preferred a particular brand of cola. What is this figure as a percentage?
2 Laura is working out a problem involving 1/4. She needs to enter this into a calculator. How would she enter 1/4 as a decimal on the calculator?
3. Mr McCabe pays tax at the rate of 25% of his income. What fraction of Mr McCabe’s income is this?
4. I brought my coat in the January sales with 1/3 off the original price. What percentage was taken off the price of the coat?
5. What is the equivalence of 0.5 as a fraction and a percentage?
In Topic we have been reading the story ‘The Boy in Striped Pyjamas’
1. What matters to Bruno in Berlin?
2. What did Bruno hope to see outside his bedroom window? What did he actually see?
3. Why does Maria defend father?
4. What happened to Bruno on the tire swing? Who rescues him?
5. Why is it important to speak your mind? (Pg 91)
In Science we have been learning about the Circulatory System and the Heart.
1. We have created a display about the heart in 6 Red. There are some questions on their that you can answer. Have a go.
2. Explain the process of the Digestive System?
3. The movement of blood through the heart and body is called?
4. The beating sound your heart makes comes from?
5. What organ removes waste from blood?
Finally…. Last term I gave you some clues to solve which you were good at. This term I am going to give you riddles to solve. Try and solve it….
I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for more than 5 minutes.
What am I?
Write your answers for the riddle on a piece of paper and post them in the right boxes. The boxes will be in 6 Red. Don’t put your answers for the riddle on the blog. As always you will be rewarded…
Off you go……