Hi Year 6,
I hope you have had a super weekend. As promised its Mission Impossible again. I would like everyone to have a go please. This helps consolidate your learning. So lets go……
In Literacy we have been learning about Prefixes and Suffixes.
- When do we use Prefixes?
- When do we use Suffixes?
Listed below are ten words. Decide whether to use Prefixes, Suffixes or both to create a new word
In Maths we have been learning about Ratio.
What is the meaning of Ratio?
When do we use Ratio?
- Can you solve this problem? The ratio of a scale model to a real bridge is 1 to 50. The bridge is 425m long. How many bricks needed to make the bridge?
- A 750 ml bottle of concentrated orange squash is enough to make fifteen 250 ml glasses of diluted orange drink. How much water is needed to make 10 litres of this drink?
- Can you write these Fractions as Ratios. 4/5 3/4 11/15 7/12 8/5
In Science We have been learning about fossils and how animals adapt to their environment.
- What are Fossils?
- How are Fossils made?
- Where do you find Fossils?
- What is animal adaptation?
- Why are giraffes able to go for long periods without water?
- What is special about a giraffes heart?
In Topic we have continued to learn about different mountains and weather patterns.
- Why do mountains have snow on top?
- Which mountains grow into islands?
- What’s the difference between a mountain and a hill?
- Why do mountains affect weather and climate?
Finally your Cluedo Clue?????
You can open and close these. They are useful to store things in. I use them a lot?????