Have a look at this story
1. Green Group: Choose and draw a picture of a character from the story. Write about the character using adjectives. How many adjectives can you use in your writing?
2. Blue & Yellow group: Look at the picture of the giant. What descriptive words can you use to describe the giant. How many can you think of?
3. Orang Group & Red Group:Why did Jack need to sell the cow at the start of the story? What did he get for the cow? Can you draw a picture of what Jack received for the cow and label it.
Now look at this picture.
1. Red group: How many leaves can you see? Can you add one more what will the answer be? Now can you write the numbers on a sheet of paper in order from 1 to 10 and bring in to to show me?
2. Yellow and Orange group: How many leaves would there be if the beanstalk had 2 more? Can you add 2 more to these numbers and make a number sentence using + and = signs? eg 5 + 2 = 7
5 9 7 10 12
3. Green and Blue group: Can you write number sentences to show different ways of making 10?
Here is a number sentence where the answer is 10 to 10 to help you.
3 + 7 = 10
A prize will be given to the children who can write the most number sentences where the answer comes to 10. Can you write them on a paper please and bring them into school on a piece of paper.