Next week we will be learning all about space travel. To help us we will be reading the book, ‘Mungo and the Spiders from Space’.
Your homework is listed below;
Green and Blue groups: Can you write the story that you think Mungo is about to hear? You need to think about the setting of the story and the characters that you know are in it.
Yellow and Orange groups: Can you draw a picture and write a sentence to describe what you think the space spiders will look like? Think about the lovely, special adjectives you could use.
Red group: Can you write a list of all of the toys in this picture? Look carefully as I could see ten!
Can you all build a junk model spaceship? What shapes did you use? What shapes are the best? What shapes are the worst? What shaped faces does a cube have?
- Our trip is on Tuesday.
- The coach leaves at 9.00am so please make sure your child is in school on time.
- Packed lunches will be provided if your child usually has a school dinner.
- If you send your child with a packed lunch please put it in a plastic bag with their name on it. This way they can discard the bag when they are finished.
- Please put sun cream on your child.
- Your child does not need their school uniform but they will need sensible clothes and sensible shoes – we will be walking around a zoo.
- Spending money will not be required.
- We should be back by 3.15pm and children will only be handed over at their classrooms! Please avoid the Hanford Close entrance as this can cause safety issues. If we are late due to traffic we will inform the office and they will keep you informed.