Hello Reception Superstars!
For your Maths Challenge we would like you to have a look at the shape picture of the train below and then see if you can answer the questions. Please post your answers on the blog.
- Can you name the 2D shapes in the picture?
- Can you count how many of each shape you can find?
- Which two shapes have the same number of sides?
- Which shape doesn’t have any straight sides?
Look at the 3D shapes below and then see if you can answer the questions.
- Which shapes have square faces?
- Can you find 5 cuboid shaped objects around your house?
- I think the cone and the cylinder look quite similar. Do you agree with me? Can you explain your answer?