Reception Summer 1 Maths Challenge
Hello Reception Superstars!
For your Maths Challenge we would like you to have a look at the shape picture of the train below and then see if you can answer the questions. Please post your answers on the blog.
- Can you name the 2D shapes in the picture?
- Can you count how many of each shape you can find?
- Which two shapes have the same number of sides?
- Which shape doesn’t have any straight sides?
Look at the 3D shapes below and then see if you can answer the questions.
- Which shapes have square faces?
- Can you find 5 cuboid shaped objects around your house?
- I think the cone and the cylinder look quite similar. Do you agree with me? Can you explain your answer?
1) Square, triangle,rectangle and circle.
2) One triangle, 5 rectangles, 2 Squares and 4 circles.
Cube has a square shape.
I found cuboid shape milk container and tomato paste container.
Cone and cylinder shapes are not the same because cone has similar to a triangle shape but cylinder has similar to a rectangle shape.
2d shapes are triangle, circle, square and rectangle.
I can see 1 square, 4 circles, 1 triangle and 4 rectangles.
Square and rectangle have the same number of sides.
The circle doesnt have any straight lines.
1. Cube and cuboid have square faces.
2. Yes, I found 5 cylinder shapes at home.
3. The cylinder and cone are similar because they both have a round face but they are different because one is pointy at the bottom and one is flat at the bottom.