Welcome back RP to what will be the best term ever!
Next week our learning will be based around the book, ‘The Shopping Basket’ by John Burningham. Listen to the story below and attempt to answer the questions please. A special homework sticker and a peg will be awarded to those who complete the homework.
1. Talk to your family about healthy eating and create a healthy shopping list of your favourite foods. Can you label where you would go to buy the items?
2. Did Steven get all the items that his Mum asked him to buy? What was the reasons for this?
3. What do you think Steven’s mum said to him when he got home? Why?
1. What items can you you name in the shopping basket below. Create a shopping list and label each item using your phonics knowledge to help you.
2. Which 2 items are your favourite? Can you describe what they taste like please?
Look at the different food items below. Create a shopping list by drawing and using your phonics knowledge to label each of the items.
Green/Blue: Find 3 items in your home to measure. Draw and label each item using the correct measurement in cm’s. Which is the longest? Which is the shortest?
Yellow/Orange: Draw a picture of yourself and then find 2 items that are taller and shorter than you. Record these items next to your picture showing which item is taller or shorter than yourself.
Red: Look at the items on the shopping list below. Draw the items and number how many of each item there is. How many items are there altogether?
Do you think the animals were polite and friendly? Why was their behaviour wrong?