- What do you think the word Brink in line 4 means? Use your inference skills.
- In lines 4-8, the author uses a lot of similes to describe the Iron Man. What effect does similes have on the reader?
- Why do you think the Iron Man stepped off the cliff?
- Why do you think the author repeats the word crashed?
- Find and copy an example of personification.
- Does the extract make you want to read more of the book The Iron Man?
Analyse how the author has used adjectives, verbs and adverb combinations. Do you think it is effective? Do you think the author could have changed the text to make it more effective? Explain how.
Gold: Write the next part of the story using the style that the author uses. Ensure you use figurative language, expanded noun phrases and verb/adverb combinations.