Good morning Year 5. Today you have a creative writing task that must be done in your homework book. This will count as your handwriting practice for the day too, so make sure you take your time, write neatly and use lots of great vocabulary.
Bronze: capital letters, full stops, expanded noun phrases.
Silver: all of bronze plus relative clauses, fronted adverbials and adverbs.
Gold: all of silver and bronze plus parenthesis, subordinate conjunctions WOW vocabulary.
Platinum (GD style): an extended piece of writing that flows, makes sense with at least 2 paragraphs containing all of the above features in appropriate places and figurative language.
As ever, I have included exampled of the features in a PDF at the bottom of the page.
Task: You need complete the pages in the following order:
1) Question Time – answer the questions in full sentences. Reword the question to help you start your sentence.
2) Sentence challenge – identify the verbs, write them as a list then as an extension challenge can you add an adverb to go with them?
3) Sick sentences – These sentences are ill, they’re just no good. We know you can do better. You need to re-write them with all the good features you have learnt this year. Use the PDF below to help.
4) Story Starter – you need to write the rest of the story. You could be a student trying to create your patronus charm. Write it from 1st person, after seeing your professor produce his guardian: a deer. Were you surprised his was a deer? Do you try and succeed your spell first time? What happens if you fail first time? When you succeed, what animal is your guardian animal?
5) Draw a picture of a Harry Potter character or you as a Hogwarts student and you patronus charm (guardian animal).
Remember to hover on the picture, so you can see the arrows and change the page!