Good morning Year 5. Today you have a creative writing task that must be done in your homework book. This will count as your handwriting practice for the day too, so make sure you take your time, write neatly and use lots of great vocabulary.
Bronze: capital letters, full stops, expanded noun phrases.
Silver: all of bronze plus relative clauses, fronted adverbials and adverbs.
Gold: all of silver and bronze plus parenthesis, subordinate conjunctions WOW vocabulary.
Platinum (GD style): an extended piece of writing that flows, makes sense with at least 2 paragraphs containing all of the above features in appropriate places and figurative language.
As ever, I have included exampled of the features in a PDF at the bottom of the page.
Task: You need complete the pages in the following order:
1) Question Time – answer the questions in full sentences. Reword the question to help you start your sentence.
2) Sentence challenge – how would you describe the sounds of a T-rex? Be imaginative and use onomatopoeia,
3) Sick sentences – These sentences are ill, they’re just no good. We know you can do better. You need to re-write them with all the good features you have learnt this year. Use the PDF at the bottom to help..
4) Story Starter – you need to write the rest of the story. How does Tim get away? How can you use your show not tell skills to create suspense? Can you add lots of adverbs to describe the action?
5) Draw a picture of a Dinosaur Theme Park. Use the skills you have been using in your topic work to help.
Remember to hover on the picture, so you can see the arrows and change the page! (I have also provided each slide as a picture in a gallery as some of you struggled to change the pages last week.)