The poem is available on Showbie if you are struggling to view it. It is in Miss Cochrane’s class: Q8TW2.
Answer the questions in full sentences and use phrases and lines from the poem to back up your ideas.
- Can you pick out one example of personification?
- Can you pick out one simile?
- Find 3 words you do not know the meaning of,, then find the meaning of the word and write it in your book.
- What type of weather is the poem describing? (Use 3 whole lines as evidence to back up your thoughts)
- What could the lines “He rakes is razor claws, Across the blanket of the sky’ be describing?
- Can you come up with 3 synonyms for menace?
- What does the line ‘The world’s roof is ablaze’ mean to you? Can you compare it to a type of weather?
- What are your favourite lines in the poem and why?
Challenge: The poem is one long metaphor for something, can you think of anything it could be describing that isn’t a dragon?