Hello there year 4! Today is the final lesson in our PSHE unit all about COMMUNITIES. So far we have explored family communities, local communities and today we are going GLOBAL! What do you think it means to be part of a global community?
BRONZE: Look at the pictures and information above.
1) What school values and British values are important to our responsibilities as global citizens?
2) Can you think of an example of people meeting a global responsibility?
TO WORK TOGETHER:
During the COVID19 pandemic, scientists from all over the globe are sharing their knowledge and working together to research the virus and make people safe.
SILVER: One way we can be responsible global citizens is to be involved with global charities.
A CHARITY: is an organisation set up to provide help and raise money for those in need. Here are three examples of global charities and their websites. I would like you choose a charity and find out:
1) What problem is this charity trying to solve?
2) How can the charity help?
3) What difference could it make to people’s lives?
4) How can people at home help?
If you know about a different charity you would like to research instead- you can do that!
GOLD: Charity Fundraiser Event Poster!
Imagine year 4 had to plan a charity fundraising event at school for a chosen charity. Make a poster advertising the event, inlclude the following:
1) The logo of the charity chosen and an explanation of how people’s donations will help.
2) Describe the activities taking place to collect donations
(a cake sale? a sponsored event or challenge like a race? a sponsored sing or dance? A fun day with shows and performances, games and competitions, donation stations collecting food, toys and clothes)
3) Advertise where and when your event is!
Below are some examples: