Answer these addition calculations carefully. Make sure you use pence and pounds appropriately and use the decimal point if necessary.
- Tony ran around a track three times. First he ran around in 45.3 seconds and then in 42.7 seconds and finally in 56.2 seconds. How long did it take him altogether?
2. Lucy went to the shop and bought an apple which cost £0.78, a banana which was £0.56 and a pear which was £0.54. How much did she spend in total?
3. Jim ran around a track four times. First he ran around in 56.2 seconds, then in 39.8 seconds and then 2 more times in 1 minute and 34 seconds. How long did it take him to complete the 4 laps?
4. Freya went to the shop and bought a bottle of water which cost £1.32, a fruit bag at 99p and a sandwich which was £1.45. What did she have pay?
5. At the cinema I bought popcorn for £6.45, sweets for £1.29 and an ice blast for £3.75. What was the total cost?
Challenge – Write a success criteria for solving these calculations that year 3 could use next year.