Bronze – 1. Mr Stevenson had 19 pencils and Mrs Patel gave him 11 more. How many does he have altogether?
2. Percy brought 20 sweets from the shop. He gave 3 to Bill and 5 to Sarah. How many does he have left?
3. Can you have a go at writing your own addition or subtraction word problem? Remember to use the correct vocabulary.
Silver – 1. Miss Addie had 23 sweets and Mrs Walker was very kind because he doubled this. How many does he have altogether?
2. Mrs Patel had 28 samosas and gave half to Mrs Carman. How many does she have left?
3. Can you write doubling/halving word problem? Remember to use the correct vocabulary.
Gold – 1. There were 110 stickers on the sticker chart in 1E. Archie got 20 stickers and Sanchit got 9. How many are there now?
2.There were 147 ants in the grass. 30 ants went looking for food and 5 ants went looking for water. How many ants stayed in the grass?
3. Can you write a word problem of your choice? You must use hundreds, tens and units.