We have been finding out about the importance of Florence Nightingale and the impact her work has had on nursing in hospitals today, as well as comparing her contribution to nursing with that of Mary Seacole, who also nursed soldiers during the Crimean War.
Read the information and watch the video about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
Now answer these questions.
- How did Florence and her nurses change the conditions at the hospital in Scutari?
- How were Florence and Mary similar?
- Explain how they were different.
- What was Mary’s job during the Crimean War?
- If you could meet Florence Nightingale or Mary Seacole, what questions would you ask them?