Cars give people the freedom to travel where they like and when they like. The cars of today are the result of more than 120 years of development and improvement. They still work on the same principles as the earliest cars but they take us from place to place more quickly and safely than ever before. They also use less fuel!
Use the following link to find out about the history of cars and answer the questions below.
- MOST POPULAR CAR: What is the most popular car? How did it get its name?
- RACING CARS: When did the first official road race take place?
- EARLY CARS: What were early cars sometimes known as?
- LUXURY CARS: Name a car company who makes luxury cars in the UK?
- FAMOUS CARS: Which famous car appeared in a James Bond film?
- SPORTS CARS: How do sports cars look different to normal cars?