During Entrepreneur Week this week, Year Three have been given James Caan as their inspirational entrepreneur. By the end of this week, Year Three will have researched their entrepreneur, taken part in team building activities, created and presented their ideas for an invention ‘Dragon’s Den’ style, and even created goods to sell at the Summer Fayre!
LO: To research a famous entrepreneur and answer questions.
Your task Year Three is to research James Caan, thinking about the following questions:
- Where was James Caan born? Why does this make him interesting?
2. James Caan has been successful through the Recruitment business. What is recruitment? Use your inference skills
a) The hiring of the most qualified and suitable people for jobs
b) Selling food and drink.
c) Gardening and landscaping.
- James Caan has appeared on a variety of television shows, such as Dragon’s Den. What does this tell you about his successes?
- James Caan was awarded a CBE (Commander of the British Empire) for his services to entrepreneurship and charities. Name two charities that Caan has helped.
- After terrible flooding in Pakistan, Caan purchased, prepared and delivered emergency food parcels to the people affected. What does this tell you about James Caan as a person? How do you think he felt when he saw the damage the floods had caused to Pakistan?