Year 3 have been learning about Myths and Legends this week. A myth we have been looking at is Theseus and the Minotaur. Here is the story below:
Now answer these questions.
- How was Theseus feeling at the beginning of the story? How do you know?
- Do you think the King of Athens was worried about Theseus going to kill the Minotaur. Why/why not?
- How do you think Theseus was feeling just before he entered the maze. Why do you think this?
- How do you think Ariadne felt about Theseus? What did she do that makes you think this?
- Why was Theseus so angry when he faced the Minotaur?
- How do you think Ariadne would have felt when she realised that Theseus had left her behind? Why would she feel this way?
- At the end Theseus says “From now on, I shall never do anything rash or foolhardy again”. Why do you think he made this promise?