What do you think is happening? How do you think the characters are feeling? Why?
Answer these questions using your inference skills
- Why do you think Lucy got into the wardrobe?
- How do you think Lucy felt when she found Narnia? Why do you think that?
- Did Lucy make any noise as she walked towards the lamp post? Which words tell you this?
- Was Lucy afraid of the faun? Explain why.
Look at these statements. Are they true or false? How do you know? Use evidence from the text to prove this.
- Silently, Lucy travelled to the lamp post.
- The faun had a vile, ugly face.
- The faun thought ‘Spare room’ was a country.
- Lucy liked the faun.
Write a diary entry as Lucy when she entered the wardrobe for the first time. Think about how she felt at different times and explain why. Remember to write in first person.