Year 4 – Maths challenge!
This half terms challenge consists of word problems which require you to add, subtract and even divide 3 and 4 digit numbers.
Each challenge has it’s own price lists for the magical broomsticks.
Please show your number sentences and clear answers.
1) How much would it cost to buy both the Nimbus 1500 and the Nimbus 2000?
2) What is the price difference between the Nimbus 2001 and the Nimbus 1000?
3) Harry has 1150 gold coins, how many more coins does he need so he can buy the Nimbus 2001?
4) The Oakshaft 79’s price range is in between 1247 coins and 1250 coins. How much might the Oakshaft 79 cost?
1) How much does it cost to buy the Nimbus 1000, Nimbus 1500 and the Nimbus 2001?
2) How much change would Mrs Weasley receive from 1400 gold coins if she buys the Nimbus 2001?
3) What is the price difference between the Nimbus 1000 and the Nimbus 2001?
4) How much change would Hagrid receive from 3125 gold coins, when he buys the Nimbus 2000 and the Nimbus 2001?
5) The Oakshaft 79 costs more than the Nimbus 2001 and the Nimbus 1000 together, but costs less than 1936 coins. How much might the Oakshaft 79 cost?
1) How much does it cost to by the first, second and fourth Nimbus broomsticks?
2) How much change will Neville receive from 3401 coins, when he buys the Nimbus 1500 and the Nimbus 2001?
3) Malfoy had 4209 coins, he wants to by three broomsticks, including the Nimbus 2001, which other two brooms can he afford?
4) Mrs Weasley buys 3 lots of Oakshaft 79’s costing her 6072 gold coins altogether. What was the cost of one Oakshaft 79?