Good morning year 5!
Today, you have a reading task set on Purple Mash. You must read the chapter, answer the questions on Purple Mash and then answer the questions posted below in your blog comment.
- Why was Sigi evacuated in March 1945?
- Why did Sigi feel compelled to share his food with Mr Singer?
- Why didn’t Sigi recognise his brother?
- How many people were forced to march for three days?
- Why did Sigi and the other people scatter for safety in the town of Wels?
- Why didn’t Lucy get a reply to the message she sent to Zoe?
- Look at the paragraph beginning: Lucy and her… to the paragraph ending: …of her furniture. Why was Lucy’s furniture in bits and pieces?
- He was wearing thick glasses and his hair was a little unkempt. What does the word unkempt tell you about the boy’s hair?
- Look at the paragraph beginning: Lucy dumped the… to the paragraph ending: …something?” Lucy asked. Why did Lucy ask the boy whether he’d had a recent head injury?
- Do you think the boy really believes that a family of aliens is living on Roswell Close? Give a reason for your answer.
Magic in the moonlight
- Where did Mr Jones keep his pens and pencils?
- Where had the children been asked to perform?
- What day and time were the children going to visit the little theatre to look around?