Good Morning Year 5
You have 5 tasks today. We expect task 4 to be written on the blog.
Write your story on the blog.
Your first task is to answer the questions in whole sentences. Analyse what you can see. Use your inference skills to work out what is happening. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN YOUR HOMEWORK BOOK.
1) This is a challenge to write some sentences of your own, so you need to analyse the picture carefully.
2) Make a list of all the objects you can see.
3) Write 2 adjectives for each object so you can create an expanded noun phrase.
4) Write at least 5 good sentences with at least 1 expanded noun phrase in them.
5) Keep these sentences to one side and use them in your story.
CHALLENGE: If you have any verbs, can you add an adverb?
There are 3 sentences that are not very well. You are charged to use your awesome writing skills to rewrite these 3 sentences and improve them. Try adding expanded noun phrases, adverbs, fronted adverbials or even a relative clause. (You can find an example of all the features at the bottom of the blog as per usual)
This is your story writing task. You can use the sentence next to the picture to help start your work. This should be written in your comment. Here are the expectations.
Bronze: Full sentences, capital letters, full stops and adjectives
Silver: Adverbs, expanded noun phrases and fronted adverbials.
Gold: effective figurative language, multi clause sentences with commas, uplevelled adjectives, parenthesis.
Platinum: subordinate conjunctions and relative clauses.
WRITE YOUR STORY IN THE BLOG COMMENTS!