Today, you will be using the language that you have learnt and apply it to describing this scene.
Use the below pictures from Avengers: Endgame as an inspiration and I would like you to write a setting description for this scene.
Use the following descriptive examples to help you:
- A scar of bright light hung in the bat-black sky.
- A gash of radiant light broke through the cauldron-black sky.
- A fracture of birthstone-bright light peeped through the pagan-black sky.
- A rupture of moonstone-yellow light appeared in the carnal-black sky.
- A lesion of lodestar-bright light illuminated the benighted sky.
Think about using the following figurative language or maybe adapting it to make your own.
- We were battering and beating against our enemy under a sunless sky.
- We were clobbering and clubbing against their shield wall under a moonless sky.
- We were pounding and pummelling their defences under a beamless sky.
- We were carving and cleaving towards the centre of their army under a rayless sky.
- We were mangling and gashing their serried ranks under a starless sky
You do not need to copy the above phrases as it is. You can change adapt the phrases so you personalise your writing!
I am looking for: Accurate grammar use, appropriate figurative language, a range of adverbs, powerful adjectives, a range of clauses etc.
Here is an example of a fight scene to help you get started:
The sky was carrion-black. Poppy-red blood drizzled from our wounds. The trolls were clunking axes and crashing war hammers against our shields. Arrows were zipping and hissing through the air. Some of our men were sobbing and snivelling with fear. Swords were ringing against each other. A legion of trolls attacked the centre of our lines. The septic smell of death hung over the battlefield. It was a battle of head-clasping horror. The acrid taste of blood rose up in our mouths.