Year Three are now coming to the end of their setting descriptions unit in Literacy. On Monday, they will be writing their final piece!
Below, you will find a setting description written by one of our very own Year 3 superstars! Have a read of their work, then use your peer assessment skills to evaluate this piece of writing. Can you take any ideas from this piece for your own writing?
Big Ben shone brightly in the light blue sky. The wheel was as colourful as a rainbow, and it goes around slowly like a tortoise. The wheel was as lanky as a giraffe. I could smell food from delicious restaurants. The bridge is above the water, and it is long like the Great Wall of China.
- Name two adjectives the writer has used in their writing.
- Which simile do you prefer and why? Think about the effect on the reader!
- How could the writer improve in their writing? Think of one suggestion.
- What do you imagine London to look like as you read this?
- Which ideas will you use in your own writing?
This homework needs to be completed by Thursday 8th October please children. I look forward to reading your responses!