Year Three are now coming to an end of their ‘United Kingdom‘ unit in Topic this half term. We have learnt lots about our nation, and practised lots of key Geographical skills. We have asked some of the children to now produce a factfile to really showcase their learning, and recall lots of interesting and important facts about where we live.
LO: To create a factfile about the United Kingdom.
We would like you to think about the following questions when you produce your factfiles:
- What are the capital cities of each of the four countries?
- Can you name a physical and human feature that you might identify on a map?
- Is the climate usually warmer in the North or South of England? Why do you think this is?
- What is the difference between a city and a country?
- Can you recall a fact about Big Ben?
- What are the similarities between London and Edinburgh?