|Term||Topics||Communication & Language||PSED||Physical Development||Literacy|
Reading & Writing
|SSM||The World||EUMM||Wow Opportunities|
|Autumn 1||All about Me and My World||• Listening in small groups|
• Begins to use talk when pretending.
|• Settling into our new environment.|
• What are rules?
• To make friends and develop relationships.
•Beginning to handle equipment and tools.
• Learning about healthy diet.
•Beginning to manage their own hygiene and personal needs.
|•Developing giving meanings to things they draw.|
• Handles books carefully.
• Looks at books independently
|• Shows an interest in number.|
• Counts by rote
• Counts things that cannot be moved like jumps or claps
• Beginning to represent numbers with fingers.
|• What is a shape?|
• Making shape arrangements.
• Develop an understanding of time based events.
|• Who am I?|
• What are my likes and dislikes?
•Talk about themselves and members of the family.
|Autumn 2||Light and Dark||• What is light and what is dark?|
• What gives us light.
• Looking at the changes of Autumn.
|• Pattern making.|
• Explores how sound can be changed.
|Spring 1||Traditional Tales & Rhymes||• Uses and understands humour.|
• Can follow a story with .no props or pictures.
• Uses vocabulary focused on objects.
|Feelings and Emotions.||• Making marks using a range of media and giving meaning.|
• Handling equipment and a range of writing tools.
• Learning about healthy diet and exercise.
•Beginning to be independent in self-care
|•Links sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet.|
• Giving meanings to marks as they draw.
|• Selects the correct numerals to represent 1-5.|
•Counts out up to 6 from a set of objects.
• Touch counts.
|• Shapes in the environment.|
• Looking at different sizes.
|• Shows an interest in different ways of life.|
• Interacts with age appropriate software.
• Musical Instruments.
• Singing favourite songs.
•Dancing and moving rhythmically.
|Visit the local library.|
|Spring 2||People in the Community||• Roles in the community:|
|• To construct with a purpose in mind using a range of construction materials.||Firefighters Visit|
|Summer 1||Living and Growing.||• Beginning to understand what and why questions.||• I can play with others around me and initiate conversations.||•Developing control and coordination of movement.|
• Handling equipment and tools, including for writing. • To show an understanding of how healthy eating and exercise.
• Managing their own hygiene and personal needs.
|• Hears and says initial sounds in words.|
•Links sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet.
• Writes own name.
|• Selects the correct numerals to represent 1-5 and 1-10.|
• Use counting on and number knowledge for simple addition (set making).
• Let’s describe shapes.
|• Observing changes in plants.|
• Caring for our world.
|• We can create models.||Animal Visit|
|Summer 2||Travelling||• Looking at different forms of transport.||Hoar Farm|