Today, you’re job is to look at these statements. Decide if they are true or false and use evidence to back up why you think this. I’ve added the story here, but don’t re-read the whole story, use the illustrations (pictures) to find the right section then just read the relevant page.
Here are your statements:
- Peter wanted to play the game.
- Jumanji is only finished when a player gets to the Golden City.
- Judy laughed when the lion appeared.
- There were twelve monkeys in the kitchen.
- Peter wasn’t afraid of the lion.
Your answers should look like this:
Example: Other children found Jumanji after Peter and Judy hid it.
Your answer: It is true that other children found Jumanji, I know this because in the story it says “Danny had a long, thin box under his arm.”
Can you identify the key features of an adventure story in this text?
Can you tell me why this is an adventure story?