Rotten Romans Maths Challenge!
- The Roman army had 30 legions. If 7 legions sailed across the ocean to conquer Britain, how many legions were left to guard Rome?
2. What is X + C =
3. What is L + L + V =
4. What is D – C =
5. In the Roman army, ‘centuries’ consisted of 80 men. How many men were there in 15 centuries?
6. Research how many miles Coventry is from Rome.
7. Emperor Hadrian ordered Hadrian’s Wall to be built in AD122. How long ago was this?
8. Design a Roman mosaic tile using a repeated pattern of right angled triangles and squares. Show your teacher!