Here are the first few pages of an adventure story called Oliver and The Seawigs. Read the story carefully, then try these challenges.
Write a list of 5 adjectives you can find in the story. Then write your own sentences using those adjectives.
Answer these retrieval questions in full sentences:
- How did Oliver feel about his parents giving up exploring?
- Where was his new school?
- What would he have in his new house that he hadn’t had before?
Answer these inference questions in full sentences:
- Why might Oliver have felt excited to start at a normal school?
- Why might Oliver’s parents have wanted to travel?
- How might Oliver’s parents have felt when they realised there was no where else to explore?
Write a character description of Oliver. Describe how he looks, the things he likes and dislikes and his personality.