Hi year 4,
Here is this week’s homework. Don’t forget it must be finished by Wednesday morning. Complete a minimum of two pieces and if you have any problems, let your teacher know on Monday morning.
Your homework this week is to create a game that will help someone to learn their times tables. It can be a board game, card game on a game created on the computer. The choice is yours!
Read the extract on the blog and answer the questions in your homework book. Make sure you answer in full sentences.
1) What makes the city of Rio so beautiful?
2) Why might many people think that Rio is the capital city of Brazil?
3) What should I avoid in Rio if I’m scared of heights?
4) Why is it an exciting time to live in Rio?
5) Apart from Brazil, where else could I find the Amazon Rainforest?
6) Why is there so much vegetation in the Amazon Rainforest?
7) Why do you think tourists are so amazed by Iguazu Falls?
8) What does Iguazu mean?
9) Where in Brazil would you like to visit most and why?
Create a piece of rainforest art inspired by the work of Henri Rousseau.
Here are some pictures to inspire you.