1) What does Michael have to do for “English”?
Which of the crew members was allowed to be idle?
2) Which part of the sailing do you think Michael most/least enjoyed?
3) Why can Michael no longer argue with his mother?
4) Why do you think the chapter is called “Water, Water Everywhere”?
5) Is “heaving” a good word to describe the sea?
6) What are the main differences between learning at school and learning at sea?
Art task: Create an extract that we would find in Michaels ‘ship log’
(This can be a dairy, a sketch from what he might have seen, a tale from a different country he may have visited)